REVIEW POC KORTAL BY ALBA SOLES
Published on 29/04/2021 11:43
The new POC Kortal Race Mips helmet from the Swedish brand offers innovative safety technology, while maintaining its lightness and perfect ventilation. It is an elegant helmet but at the same time offers more aggressiveness for those who love MTB and enduro. This model is compatible with goggles, providing a perfect fit and preventing the helmet´s ventilation ports from clogging.
Protection and safety:
-Adjustable and removable visor: The new helmet offers a visor system that detaches in the event of a crash or fall to protect the rider's neck.
- RECCO Reflector: In the event of an accident or loss in the wild, RECCO technology helps rescue professionals locate the helmet. RECCO reflectors do not require batteries.
- MIPS: MIPS is an impact protection system for the brain that reduces the rotation transmitted to the brain due to shock.
- NFC medical identification chip: twICEme stores vital information and makes it accessible in just seconds with a smartphone. This information is stored in the equipment itself, in the visor, no need for a cloud.
- Aramid bridges: for greater stability and strength of the helmet.
- Compatibility with electric bikes due to its strong structure.
Lightweight and comfortable:
- Ventilation: exceptional ventilation allowing the use of enduro goggles without the strap getting in the way.
- Weight: 390g
- Goggles: Rear goggle storage holes to keep goggles protected. Adjustable visor so goggles can be stored in front if preferred.
- EN 1078, CPSC 12.03, AS / NZS 2063, NTA 8776
- 360-degree adjustable fit system
- Sizes: XS-S, M-L and XL-XXL.
TEST AND OPINION:
It is a very comfortable helmet, easy to fit and very light considering the great protection it provides. Obviously everyone has a different skull shape, and what fits perfectly to one person may not fit to another. In my case in particular I didn't notice that at any time the helmet was too much, it was part of me and it didn't bother me at all, it adapted to me perfectly.
Its ventilation allows you to keep cool and without fogging up the glasses, whatever type they are. The glasses are perfectly adjusted to the shape of the helmet, but they have two drawbacks in my opinion: the first is that you have to wear them under the strap, and the second is that the helmet allows the storage of these but it is not very comfortable, nor does it transmit much security.
In terms of safety it is very suitable for cyclists who train alone, as the helmet provides many facilities to be found and give immediate information to the professionals in case of an accident.
The aesthetics of the helmet are truly attractive, with an aggressive yet elegant touch. It is a totally innovative design. The brand gives a new look to its trail helmets.
- security system
- goggle storage
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
My clothing size
XS / S
Perseverancia, constancia y esfuerzo. Estas tres palabras definen mi ámbito laboral y deportivo. Graduada en Administración y Dirección de Empresas y en Economía, nacida en Girona y apasionada del ciclismo. Descubrir el MTB con los míos me abrió las puertas hacia el maravilloso mundo del ciclismo, un gran acierto.